The benefits of botox as a skin treatment can boost your self esteem by making you look younger and more energized, as well as being a non surgical option which is non invasive and safe. Botox is a protein produced by bacterium Clostridium botulinum; botox injections relax your muscles by temporarily blocking nerve impulses, thus decreasing the muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles. Mr Marando at the Star Clinic will advise you closely on which procedures are right for you and how they will affect your appearance. There are different uses for botox that can achieve your desired results. These include: Wrinkle Relaxing Injections, Botox Jaw Reduction, Botox Brow Lift and Botox for Hyperhidrosis.
- Wrinkles are a visible sign of ageing and can cause your face to look tired and older than you would like to appear. Some people are more prone to wrinkles than others and wrinkle relaxing injections can increase self esteem and confidence in your appearance if you feel that you are looking older than you should do. Wrinkle relaxing injections make you appear younger and more energized; changing how people perceive you at work or at home. Wrinkle relaxing injections are a non-surgical procedure that is a safe and therapeutic agent for treating wrinkles. Botox injections to treat wrinkles are highly effective and complications are minimal and rare. Rare complications can include: bruising, headaches or pain immediately after. Bruising can be minimized by ice and by choosing an experienced surgeon such as Mr Marando at Star Clinic, Manchester. It is advised that these injections are repeated every three to four months to keep the muscles paralyzed and allow the furrows to smooth out. After the furrows have smoothed out re-injection is required only around every four months to one year and even longer has been reported.
- Botox Jaw Reduction: A square jaw can look very attractive on men, but does not look so attractive on women and can make your features appear masculine, which is damaging to self confidence and affecting self esteem. Botox is used on the jawline to minimise the amount of muscle and the thickness of muscle around the jawline. This jawline reduction process can weaken the masseter muscle of the jaw and improve the balance of the upper and lower parts of the face. Mr Marando has an extensive knowledge and experience in the use of neurotoxins such as botox and will advise you and asses you on your suitability for your non-surgical facial reshaping botox treatment.
- Botox Brow Lift: The brow area is a common problem area that can benefit from wrinkle relaxing injections. These injections are a non intrusive method of wrinkle reduction and the botox brow lift and the forehead lift can create younger looking skin and a more youthful appearance. This non-surgical option is a less intrusive method compared to a surgical facelift and gives amazing results.
- Botox for Hyperhidrosis: Botox is a highly effective way of treating the embarrassing problem of excess sweating or ‘severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis’. This is a medical condition where the sweat produced significantly exceeds the body’s natural requirements. Botox injections for hyperhidrosis are effective in the vast majority of patients and lasts three to five months. Hyperhidrosis treatment can radically increase your standard of living and boost your self esteem and confidence in yourself.
You need to be sure of whatever kind of botox treatment is right for you, and what your botox injections will cost. It is important that you know what you want to change with botox injections when you go for a consultation with Mr Marando at Star Clinic. This will help Mr Marando assess you to see if you are suitable for the procedure and advise you on which options are best for you. The initial consultation will be at the Star Clinic, Manchester and is likely to take no more than an hour. This consultation will give you the chance to discuss any worries or queries that you have with Mr Marando.
- Wrinkle Relaxing Injections: Wrinkle relaxing injections inhibit the release of acetylcholine at the joining site of the nerve to the muscle so that the muscle that has been injected do not receive the nerve signal to contract. Wrinkle relaxing injections subtly relax wrinkles and lines on the face, meaning that botox is a great option for many areas of wrinkles upon the face. The main areas that wrinkle relaxing injections tend to target are the ‘crows feet’ either side of the eye, and horizontal wrinkles along the fore-head. A very fine needle is used to administer the botox in the areas to be targeted and this process is generally painless. Mr Marando will review the results after 2-3 weeks to make sure that you are happy with your results and to assess how effective the treatment has been.
- Botox Jaw Reduction: Botox used for jaw reduction is injected into the masseter muscle in order to reduce a square jaw and make the face seem more balanced and in proportion. This can also have the effect of slimming the face and making the face seem more feminine. The masseter muscle is the muscle that is attached to create the angles of the jaw, by using botox to relax this muscle the jaw line relaxes and becomes softer. This procedure uses a thin needle and is a great option for non -surgical jaw reduction as it is non -invasive and so the recovery time is quick, and the procedure is considered much safer. This also means that there is no hospital stay or risk from general anaesthetic because the injections are usually painless and only cause minimal bruising, which can be minimized by using ice on the area shortly after the procedure. The jawline should be seen to visibly relax after 2- 3 treatments.
- Botox Brow Lift: A brow lift is a great non-surgical option which leaves no scarring and is less invasive than a traditional facelift procedure. Shaping the brows requires a very detailed understanding of the underlying anatomy so it is important that you use an experienced surgeon such as Mr Marando for this type of procedure. During your consultation Mr Marando will assess your anatomy and consider how best to use the botox to still look natural when you are animating your brows. By carefully placing botox in the muscles that depress the brow, you can cause the brow to rest and relax in a lifted position. This is done with thin needles into the brow. There are limits to how much the brow can be lifted, and so, for some, surgery may be a better option. This is something Mr Marando will discuss with you during your consultation if this is the case for you individually. Mr Marando can also shape the brow differently, creating a raised or arched brow depending on your preference and what your aesthetic goal is. It may also be beneficial to use wrinkle fillers to shape and raise the brow. Combining these two products can work synergistically together.
- Botox for Hyperhidrosis: How to stop sweating is a common problem and is surprisingly simple to treat using botox. As an often embarrassing problem it is great for your self esteem and confidence to find a solution for this issue. The protein that is injected into the armpit blocks the nerves that supply the eccrine glands; this helps prevent the glands from producing sweat and so prevents excess sweating. It must be noted that this is not a cure for hyperhidrosis, only providing temporary relief, but results can last up to three to six months, and if repeated regularly can help you live a more normal life, without excess sweating. The armpit area is often the area that is targeted, but hands and feet are also often targeted. Because of the area that the botox is being targetting into these injections can be painful because of the sensitive nature of the area. As these injections need to be repeated every four months or so it is not advised that a general anaesthetic is given, but a local anaesthetic can be applied to help with any pain or discomfort that may be experienced.